Friday, August 13, 2004

Franks vs Kerry

Forward from a friend:


From “American Soldier” by General Tommy Franks page 114:

(November 1968)

One evening after dinner, Mother helped me with my dress uniform as I prepared to report for duty at Fort Sill-my next duty assignment. …My dad came into the kitchen and watched as I pinned on the campaign ribbons and decorations.“Those are four oak leaf clusters.” I tapped the little pins on the ribbons. “For second or third awards of the same medal.”In his deliberate way, he counted. “Three Purple Hearts.”“I was a big target.” I’d actually been wounded several more times; the Purple Hearts only signified the wounds for which I’d been sent to the hospital.

Let's see now:

Franks:• Had been hospitalized three times for wounds•
Had been wounded several more times•
Received three Purple Hearts•
Had in a full one year tour in Vietnam

Kerry:• Was never hospitalized•
Received three Purple Hearts (at least two have been questioned )•
Left Vietnam at his own request after only 4 months

Franks was advised to wear civilian clothes on the plane ride back home after arriving in the US. The anti-Vietnam atmosphere was about to get a major boost from "hero" Kerry.

http://www.scaryjohnkerry.com/

No comments: