Thursday, July 29, 2004

Through the eyes of a child - O

The following letter sent to GWB may inspire people who are not clear about how to reconcile their differences with the President on specific issues while remaining supportive of the larger picture. If more of us could see it the way an 11 year old child does, we would be living with a completely different value system. Some may disagree on his immigration plan, or stem cell research, or on his management of the middle east; however, we must remain committed to the larger picture. We have the power to control destiny. If you are reading this message, then you are in a position to communicate to people within your own address book, and they to their address book. It is not just viruses that are sent via email, we can use the same system to keep America free and out of the hands of the radical, liberal left. If an 11 year old child can do it, we can each do our part to keep the message alive.


----------------------------------
President George Bush 4 July 2004
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Wash D.C.

Dear Mr. President:

My Name is Elizabeth Lulu. I am 11 years old, which is too young to vote this year, but I do watch the news and I do talk to my friends, family, and medical caregivers about how important being patriotic is for America to grow and for us to remain free.

I understand how difficult it is for you to make everyone happy, and how hard it is for you to make some of your decisions when you know that some people may be hurt or, worse, die as a result of your orders.

I was born with Cystic Fibrosis. It is a genetic disease that kills many kids and young people every year. Sometimes my doctors have to order tests and procedures that hurt me, and could even put me at risk of dying. But they, like you, have to make the tough decisions so that we can all make progress for a better future.

Sometimes I don’t understand why I need to suffer, and sometimes I know that it makes people sad when I have to suffer through my treatments, hospital visits and therapies. I know that my family doesn’t always agree with what the doctors may want me to do. But I do believe that while everyone does not agree with some of the decisions, everyone does agree with the goal.

I think that in a way your job is the same. Some people may not agree with all of the things you do, but most people do support your goals for freedom and a better future. So don’t give up. I have learned that each time I survive a difficulty; I get stronger and more able to face the next challenge.

God bless you and God bless America, because with God as our partner, we will always do the right thing.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Lulu


If you would like to send a note to Miss Lulu, please send it c/o of my email and I will forward your messages to her.


No comments: